Certus Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Certus”) is a company incorporated under the corporate laws of India and having its registered office at B-5/60, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110029, India
Certus has launched a Software product named “eKavach” (“Software and Services”) that is a digital parenting application used as a service to increase parental awareness about children’s activity on Internet and social media. The Software is a mobile application to be installed on Your mobile phone, tablets, laptops, computer and other mobile computing device (a “Device”) that helps to connect the Parent Device with the minor Child Device (“Associated Device”) and provide parental control and supervision over areas such as Internet, social media, phone call logs, messages, analytic, etc.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Our registration process requires you to provide personally identifiable information including, but not limited to personal data, financial or other information. Providing us with other information is at your option. Please take note that your user name, e-mail address, phone number or other submissions that you make on the Website and during the installation of the Software may contain your real name or other personally identifiable information and, as a result may appear on the Website. Like many websites, we may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Certus shall further collect the mobile phone number of User’s children and the mobile phone numbers of the friends with whom the children exchange text (SMS) and multi-media (MMS) messages.
- Based on the parent’s instructions and the information sought by the parents from the Child’s Device, Certus collects and stores the information from the Child’s Device.
- PROFILE INFORMATION
To initially set up each Child’s Device account, Certus would ask you to provide the name, age and mobile number and other personally identifiable information of the Child.
- Once the Software is installed on the Child’s Device, Certus will collect the following information from Child’s Device, including without limitation:
- Child’s online activity, including without limitation the websites that child visits or tries to visit and those blocked by Certus according to the Parent’s preferences, the online search terms that children use, time spent by the Child on online activities
- Social media networking activity across various medium, IM and Chat rooms activity monitoring
- The applications children download on their Device or attempt to download
- Phone and message log activity and the conversation and message transcripts
- Location details of the child Device
- Videos watched and tried to access on youtube.com and other sites
- All the information collected from the Child’s Device is kept in an encrypted form and it is solely used to send a report to the parents about their Child’s activities
- Certus use information provided by parents to set up their account and communicate with them and to further update and provide information to the parents in accordance with the parent’s permission
- Certus use the information accessed via the Software and Services from the Child Device to update the parents about their child’s activities and accordingly give a report to the parents
- Certus further use this information for research and analytics of the Child’s activities based on their activities done on their Device
- Certus uses this information to help detect misuse of personally identifiable information and to report such misuse to the Parents
- For authentication and protection against identity fraud and identity theft
- While visiting various websites and performing other activities, Child may access websites that would have their own policies regarding collection and use of the personal and other collected information. Certus is not liable for the privacy policies of the respective websites
- Certus will never sell or rent the personally identifiable information or any information collected from the Child’s Device to any third parties for marketing purposes
- Certus may send personally identifiable information and other information to outside contractors for various purposes in order to achieve the objective of Software and Services
- The User of the Software consents for sharing of the information, if
- There is necessity for sharing of information to provide the product or service the User has requested for
- Certus needs to send the information to firms or companies who work on behalf of Certus to provide a product or service to the User in relation to the Software and. (Unless the User is told differently, these firms or companies have no right to use the information provided to them beyond what is necessary to assist Certus)
- In the event that Certus has to disclose the information for any legal proceedings or court orders
- You have a right to edit, update, correct and delete your information. You can review the personal information provided to us at the time of creating the account and make any desired changes to the said information. You may also request for deletion of your user account by contacting us. If you close your account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our database. We may retain certain data contributed by you if it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for other legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law.
- in the event, you want to change your communication preferences, update, review or delete the personal information of your Child, or withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your’s and your Child’s personal information and the information collected from the Software and Services, please contact us at email
It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and other information. As a User, you have an obligation to always keep your username, password and other details confidential and not share it with others. Notify Certus immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account or other breach of security and any change or loss of any Device; accept all responsibility for any and all activities from Your account, including Child’s Devices; (f) ensure that You exit from Your account and the Website after closure of each session and (g) accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Registration Data and any information You provide to Certus and access via the Software and Services. Certus cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failure of the User of to comply with this Section.
We have implemented security safeguards designed to protect the personal information and other information in accordance with industry standards. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot assure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to Certus or we access via the Child’s Device. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children on the Internet and encourage parents to work with their children to understand how to be safe online. Our Software and Website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of eighteen (18) except where minors are receiving Services from us through registration by their parents. Other than as specifically described herein, we do not want or intend ever to collect or request Personal Information from anyone under the age of eighteen.